Our first IDO on the Celo network is upon us - ImpactMarket. So let’s not waste any time. To participate, you’ll need to add Celo to your MetaMask.
Here’s a quick and simple step-by-step tutorial on how to add the Celo network on MetaMask:
1- Download MetaMask from their official website.
They have a browser extension that works on Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Edge, and a mobile iOS and Android app.
2- Create a wallet by following the instructions.
Once you get to the backup seed phrase, make sure to write it down on a piece of paper rather than storing it on your computer or phone.
You’ve just created a MetaMask account. It should look something like this:
4- As you can see, the default network on MetaMask is set to the Ethereum Mainnet (top right). Let’s now add Celo to the list.
5- Click on Networks, select ‘Custom RPC’ and you should see this menu pop up:
6- Input the following info in the boxes:
- Network Name: Celo (Mainnet)
- New RPC URL: https://forno.celo.org
- Chain ID: 42220
- Currency Symbol (Optional): CELO
- Block Explorer URL (Optional): https://explorer.celo.org
7- You are all set! Well done.
To participate in an IDO, you’ll need to send the Celo token to your MetaMask.
Here’s how you can do that:
1) Buy CELO via an exchange. The coin is listed on many exchanges such as Binance, Coinbase, Gate.io, KuCoin and Bittrex.
2) Send it to your Metamask account on the Celo network. Where it says “Address”, put your address.
3) Here’s where you can find and copy your address.
4) Send CELO to your MetaMask
5) Congratulations! Now you can participate in Polkastarter IDOs on the Celo network.
Polkastarter is the fully decentralized launchpad to launch new ideas in the blockchain and digital assets space. With an industry-leading curation process and market access, we select the most innovative projects in the space and offer them long-term support after their IDOs.
With Polkastarter, crypto projects can increase their reach, grow their communities and receive support from crypto's most well-versed experts. IDO participants, on the other hand, are offered an opportunity to invest in a secure and compliant environment, as well as participate in IDOs not solely on Ethereum, but also on Binance Smart Chain, Polygon and Celo.
Media Contact Polkastarter: [email protected]
Polkastarter Blog - Latest Polkastarter News & Updates Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.